Jonathan (Jay) Chang - www.JayDChang.com
Marketing Manager, Los Angeles, CA - May 2013 to Dec 2013
Battery Technology Inc (BTI),
- Develop marketing strategy and sales collateral for an online video distribution and data company.
Ecommerce Director, Los Angeles, CA - May 2012 to May 2013
- Lead the marketing and development of e-commerce properties owned by Battery Technology Inc. Project management, search engine optimization, media buying, and market research. Primarily focused on direct to consumer sales for laptop batteries, ac adapters, and projector lamps for www.goBTI.com and www.powerwarehouse.com
Product Manager, Los Angeles, CA - June 2011 to May 2012
Spinx Web Design,
- Gather high level project requirements from Business Stakeholders to create detailed product specifications for a portfolio of Lead Generation websites, A CPC Network (Clicks.net), and a Custom CRM Application for a Debt Consolidation Sales Team.
- Work directly with Engineering team members to determine technological capabilities, project scope, and timeline.
Project Manager, Los Angeles, CA - Feb 2011 to June 2011
- Coordinated discovery to outline detailed requirements for the agreed concepts in the project proposal.
- Create / Communicate documented project specifications to the development team to create professional websites for our clients.
- Test and refine development and design to ensure proper functionality and usability of the website.
Sales Manager / Web Design Project Manager, Los Angeles, CA - July 2010 to Feb 2011
- Oversaw and executed the design and development of WordPress websites for businesses with a remote development team.
- Managed an in house call center to dispatch technical support and sales calls for an IT Consulting Company.
- First point of contact for all new clients, Negotiated contracts for service, and continued client relationship.
- As Sales Manager, I doubled the company’s revenue compared first half of the year utilizing my skills in managing client relationships, up selling on services, and unique marketing techniques.
Los Angeles, CA - Oct 2009 to Jan 2010
Run & Pass Test Prep,
- Managed development resources to create and operate a text message marketing service. Managed the development of the beta website, Reporting/Analytics, Media Buys, and social media marketing campaigns.
Los Angeles, CA - Aug 2009 to Oct 2009
- Lead marketing and sales initiatives around USC. Made sales presentations to campus organizations. Built brand awareness
Los Angeles, CA - May 2008 to May 2010
Distance Education Network,
- Controlled live TV up to 40 hours a week for a home shopping channel that broadcasts over SkyTV in the UK and KJLA locally
Los Angeles, CA - Jan 2006 to May 2009
Deluxe Media Management,
- Monitored up to 10 live classes broadcast online for video quality and instructional value for off-site graduate students.
- Trained and supervised Camera Operators to properly film classes to ensure an exceptional learning experience.
Paramount Account Management Specialist, Valencia, CA - Summer 2007
- Received and organized Paramount Home Entertainment marketing inventory in a live database.
- Implemented inventory management system to increase productivity in the home entertainment department.
Shanghai, China - Summer 2006
- Updated the English website content based on the more current Chinese version to improve flow and readability
University of Southern California -
Graduated May 2009
- Gordon S. Marshall School of Business
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration – Concentrated in Entrepreneurial Business Studies
- Annenberg School of Communication
Minor - Communication in the Entertainment Industry
AWARDS AND HONORS
Asian Greek Council (AGC) - Beta Omega Phi -
- 2009 Student Recognition Award – awards graduating seniors who excelled both inside and outside the classroom, and who have made a significant difference through outstanding leadership, volunteerism, and commitment to both campus and community
- Global Leadership Freshman Honors Program - by invitation to the most academically talented students in each incoming freshman class. Visited international businesses locally and abroad and participated in job shadowing
Fall 2005 to May 2009
AGC President (2008-2009)
- Spokesperson of the Asian Greek Council to the USC Community
- Executed the first Marrow Registry Drive partnered with the National Marrow Donor Program
SKILLS, TRAITS, AND APPLICATIONS
Analytical Thinking • Project Management • Business Process Automation • Networking • Organization
- Quick Learner • Thinking Outside-the-Box • Entrepreneurial • Flexible • Open Minded • Loyal • Positive
Microsoft Office • Ecommerce Platforms • Visio • JIRA • Basecamp • Photoshop • WordPress