Jonathan (Jay) Chang - www.JayDChang.comDownload PDF ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WORK EXPERIENCEBattery Technology Inc (BTI), Ecommerce Director, Los Angeles, CA - May 2012 to Present
- Lead the marketing and development of e-commerce properties owned by Battery Technology Inc. Project management, search engine optimization, media buying, and market research. Primarily focused on direct to consumer sales for laptop batteries, ac adapters, and projector lamps for www.goBTI.com and www.powerwarehouse.com
- Gather high level project requirements from Business Stakeholders to create detailed product specifications for a portfolio of Lead Generation websites, A CPC Network (Clicks.net), and a Custom CRM Application for a Debt Consolidation Sales Team.
- Work directly with Engineering team members to determine technological capabilities, project scope, and timeline.
- Coordinated discovery to outline detailed requirements for the agreed concepts in the project proposal.
- Create / Communicate documented project specifications to the development team to create professional websites for our clients.
- Test and refine development and design to ensure proper functionality and usability of the website.
- Oversaw and executed the design and development of WordPress websites for businesses with a remote development team.
- Managed an in house call center to dispatch technical support and sales calls for an IT Consulting Company.
- First point of contact for all new clients, Negotiated contracts for service, and continued client relationship.
- As Sales Manager, I doubled the company’s revenue compared first half of the year utilizing my skills in managing client relationships, up selling on services, and unique marketing techniques.
- Managed development resources to create and operate a text message marketing service. Managed the development of the beta website, Reporting/Analytics, Media Buys, and social media marketing campaigns.
- Lead marketing and sales initiatives around USC. Made sales presentations to campus organizations. Built brand awareness
- Controlled live TV up to 40 hours a week for a home shopping channel that broadcasts over SkyTV in the UK and KJLA locally
- Monitored up to 10 live classes broadcast online for video quality and instructional value for off-site graduate students.
- Trained and supervised Camera Operators to properly film classes to ensure an exceptional learning experience.
- Received and organized Paramount Home Entertainment marketing inventory in a live database.
- Implemented inventory management system to increase productivity in the home entertainment department.
- Updated the English website content based on the more current Chinese version to improve flow and readability
EDUCATIONUniversity of Southern California - Graduated May 2009
- Gordon S. Marshall School of Business Bachelors of Science in Business Administration – Concentrated in Entrepreneurial Business Studies
- Annenberg School of Communication Minor - Communication in the Entertainment Industry
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2009 Student Recognition Award – awards graduating seniors who excelled both inside and outside the classroom, and who have made a significant difference through outstanding leadership, volunteerism, and commitment to both campus and community
- Global Leadership Freshman Honors Program - by invitation to the most academically talented students in each incoming freshman class. Visited international businesses locally and abroad and participated in job shadowing
Asian Greek Council (AGC) - Beta Omega Phi - Fall 2005 to May 2009
AGC President (2008-2009)
- Spokesperson of the Asian Greek Council to the USC Community
- Executed the first Marrow Registry Drive partnered with the National Marrow Donor Program
SKILLS, TRAITS, AND APPLICATIONSSkills – Analytical Thinking • Project Management • Business Process Automation • Networking • Organization
Traits - Quick Learner • Thinking Outside-the-Box • Entrepreneurial • Flexible • Open Minded • Loyal • Positive
Applications – Microsoft Office • Ecommerce Platforms • Visio • JIRA • Basecamp • Photoshop • WordPress